Welcome

Welcome to the Coombs family blog.

Thanks family and friends for your interest and support in our lives. We're really glad to be able to share it with you even though we are so far apart. 

Keep in touch.

Love Angela & Clayton

Thursday, 26 June 2008

To our Fuller Family

Welcome Fuller Friends to our family blog.

It was a chaotic last week as Clayton submitted final papers, graduated and we packed everything up and said our goodbyes. The 15 hour flight went reasonably well and we are just about over the jet lag. I think that we are still recovering from exhaustion though.

Our time at Fuller Seminary was perhaps one of the best seasons of our lives (so far). We loved the Southern Californian climate and lifestyle and of course Disneyland. But more than this, our family was forever changed by the Fuller community. You became our family away from Oz. You accepted us and embraced us with your generosity and friendship. We were real with each other and supported one another. We did life together.

Now back in Melbourne, life feels a little surreal. It's like we've travelled back in time or like we have entered an alternate universe. The boys are happy to be reunited with family, but have already talked about missing their friends. Nathan has constructed an imaginary friend - 'Hannah the elephant'. He tells us that Hannah is his friend, but can't seem to find 'him'. Perhaps he is projecting his confusion with not knowing how to find his buddies from Fuller. I suppose that we're all a little confused. Fuller became our home, and we have even caught ourselves referring to it has such. It's weird feeling connected to one place and then knowing that you have to move on. It's tough wanting to reconnect in Melbourne, but knowing that our stay here is even more temporary.

I think that heaven will be like one great big reunion party. Hopefully we won't have to wait until then though!

Missing you all already.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ang! I am so sad that you are gone! We had such an abrupt goodbye at the playground....I am thinking of what life will be like July 4th when heidi leaves too.....I am so happy you blog....our blog is
maurerfam.blogspot.com

I have not updated too much, but I do now and then...say hi to the family! We will be in touch! Kate

The Holdens said...

Ange,I know where you are and how you feel and we are praying for you guys as you make yet another transition. Fuller is such a unique place and I am so thankful that the Lord placed all of us there together at the same time. What a different experience we might have had otherwise. With Love...