Welcome

Welcome to the Coombs family blog.

Thanks family and friends for your interest and support in our lives. We're really glad to be able to share it with you even though we are so far apart. 

Keep in touch.

Love Angela & Clayton

Wednesday, 1 September 2010

No whining and disobedience? Not on your life!

Tonight at bedtime, Nathan hit me with a precious truth. I had not been especially annoyed with him, but had snapped at him over dinner time for his incessant chattery nagging (I often call it "chirping" - Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, DadadadadadadadadadadadadadadaDAAAAAAAAAD!).

But this is what he said: "Dad, I bet you're glad that you had us right?" - "I sure am" I said.

"But if you didn't then you wouldn't have anybody whining at you and disobeying..."

I gave him a big hug and assured him in words that he could understand that I would choose my current chaotic life over a life of peace without them any day of the week.

It sure did remind me to always be thankful though.

No comments: