Read on - trust me. This is hilarious and very precious at the same time. No the words in the title are not from my vocab list for German!
Nathan was repeating this phrase tonight and other delightful gibberish. I wasn't paying much attention - he is the sort of person that says silly words all the time, and for what its worth...so am I. But he was trying to get my attention with his prattle. When he finally did I grinned at the words. He grinned right back at me and said "Maybe God will give ˆyouˆthose sounds next time Dad." Suddenly I understood. Several nights ago when I was putting them to bed I was praying for them and lapsed into tongues. They have often heard us pray this way but this time Nathan was particularly intrigued. He asked me about it and I explained that God gives us the words to help us pray and that maybe oneday God would help him pray the same way as he helps me.
Now that I was finally on his wavelength, Nathan begged cheekily "Say 'sugarmamadoodle' to me Dad - say 'sugarmamadoodle!'
Classic...
PS: To the non-charismatic readers of this blog I am recording this primarily because it was incredibly cute, not because I am in a hurry to conclude that my three year old is speaking in tongues!
PPS: To the charismatic readers of this blog I need to further clarify that I do not rule out this possibility nor indeed the exercise of any spiritual gift on the basis of age. The Gift of the Spirit and the Spirits gifts are for kids too! After all the kingdom of heaven belongs to "such as these."
Welcome
Welcome to the Coombs family blog.
Thanks family and friends for your interest and support in our lives. We're really glad to be able to share it with you even though we are so far apart.
Keep in touch.
Love Angela & Clayton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thanks for sharing :D
Fantastic story.....I love all your disclaimers! I speak in tongues too Ang....:>D
Sorry Clayton! I commented back as if Ang had written this.....but the disclaimers are still priceless!
Post a Comment